Are you looking forward to learning SEO online from the comfort of your home? If yes, you have landed at the right place. Here in this article, we list the best free and paid online SEO courses offered by top institutes and instructors.
In the digital age, where every business is on the internet, everyone is racing to reach their target customers. Furthermore, your company needs to rank higher and attract the attention of your clients.
As a result, many companies require SEO professionals in their digital marketing team to ensure that their services appear in search results. As the need develops, numerous e-learning institutions are developing online SEO courses. These courses will teach you everything from the basics to the advanced level.
As Matt Cutts aptly puts it: “SEO is like a resume, you polish it so you have your best foot forward.”
You have to improve your SEO skills to get better results in search engines. And if you are a novice then you need to learn the skills from a well-recognized university.
Therefore, we have given a quick overview of the courses you can choose. But before that let us see what exactly is SEO.
Now let us dive into the online SEO courses provided by different institutes.
Table of Contents
List of 12 Online Free & Paid SEO Courses
1. Complete SEO Training 2022 by Udemy
Founded in 2010, Udemy is one of the finest online learning platforms globally. The platform has over 204k courses and 54 million users worldwide.
Complete SEO Training 2022 is one of the top online SEO courses with certificates available on the internet. In addition, more than 61k learners have signed up for the course. And most importantly, learners will get a certificate too after the completion of the course.
- Introduction to SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Website speed optimization
- Local SEO
- Link building etc.
- 9.5 hours of video
- 44 articles + resources
- Certificate of completion
- Learn to find a niche for your blog in 2022 and so on.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization by Coursera
Coursera is an online learning platform located in the United States that was founded in 2012. More than 150 universities offer their various courses on the platform.
Moreover, the SEO specialization course on the platform is one of the finest online SEO courses with certificates. In addition, you can learn various skills such as keyword research, social media, etc in the course. This popular course is conducted by the University of California, Davis.
Besides, there are overall 5 courses in the specialization including Google SEO fundamentals. Let us get some overview of that.
- Introduction to On-page SEO
- Introduction to Technical SEO
- Introduction to Off-page SEO
- Keyword Theory & Research etc.
- 100% online
- Approx. 29 hours to complete
- Flexible deadlines
- Shareable Certificate
3. Semrush SEO Crash Course with Brian Dean by Semrush Academy
Semrush Academy is undoubtedly one of the best platforms to choose from if you want to improve your knowledge of digital marketing. Additionally, the academy provides over 30 courses, including online SEO courses.
Furthermore, if you are a novice in the domain, then the SEO crash course will be helpful to you.
Importantly, in this course, you will get the opportunity to learn from Brian Dean, the founder of Backlinko.
- Intro to SEO
- Create Amazing Content
- Find Untapped Keywords
- Track and Monitor Your SEO Results
- Build Backlinks to Your Site
- Learn the key foundations to rank in google
- Beginner friendly etc.
4. SEO certification course by Hubspot Academy
HubSpot Academy is a prominent free online training for professionals in sales, inbound marketing, and customer support.
Furthermore, the Academy offers a free course in SEO named “SEO certification course”. This free course will teach you numerous areas of SEO including evaluating a website’s SEO as well as creating backlinks, and so on.
- SEO Basics
- Keyword Research for SEO
- On-Page and Technical SEO
- Link Building for SEO
- Optimizing Your Website
- SEO Reporting etc
- Provides 26 videos
- Beneficial for marketers and content creators
- Improve your website’s SEO and so on.
5. SEO Training Course by Ahrefs
Ahrefs, another renowned provider of online SEO courses, mostly offers video tutorials in a variety of disciplines.
Furthermore, it is an entirely free online training course. Even if you are a beginner in the area, you will certainly learn the fundamentals of SEO after completing the course.
- Keyword Research
- Link Building
- On-page SEO
- The basics of Technical SEO and so on.
- Learn the basics
- Especially for Small business owners and Marketing and beginners.
6. Increase SEO Traffic with WordPress by Coursera
As we previously discussed, Coursera is a global e-learning network that hosts courses from over 150 colleges. The platform provides various courses. Moreover, in SEO, there is another course called “Increase SEO Traffic with WordPress”.
In addition, in this SEO course, you will learn to increase SEO on your WordPress websites. And this is an advanced level course of 2 hours.
- Set site visibility to increase SEO
- Format an SEO-friendly blog heading.
- Navigate website analytics.
- Add internal links to a blog and so on.
- Advanced level
- Learn to update a website for SEO
- Learn to edit links, images, webpage content, etc.
7. Advanced SEO Strategies 2022 by Udemy
As we know that Udemy is a global online teaching and learning platform. Moreover, the platform provides various online SEO courses with certificates, and Advanced SEO strategies 2022 is one of them.
In this course, you will master efficient advanced SEO methods and tactics. In addition, you can discover how to rapidly boost the conversion rate of your website.
- Advanced on-page SEO strategies
- Advance keyword research
- Advance link-building strategies
- Future of SEO and so on.
- 10 articles + resources
- 2.5 hours of video
- Certificate of completion etc.
8. Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide by Google Developers
This guide can assist you if you desire a solid understanding of search engine optimization. In addition, a business owner, an SEO expert, and a DIY SEO expert will benefit from the guide.
- Search essentials
- SEO fundamentals
- Search Appearance
- Monitoring and debugging
- Crawling and indexing
- Sites-specific guides etc.
- Know how the google search works
- Learn to maintain the SEO of your site etc.
9. SEO Essentials Certification by Moz Academy
Founded in 2004, Moz aims to make SEO simpler through its education, community, and software.
Moreover, SEO essential certification is a 6-part course including fundamentals concepts and link-building. Anyone can do the course who wants to learn and implement SEO tactics.
- Understand the fundamentals
- On-page optimization strategies
- keywords strategies
- Efficient reporting strategies
- Build effective link strategies
- Final exam.
- 6-8 hours of instructions
10. SEO for Beginners by Great Learning
Great learning is a leading India-based ed-tech company for professional and higher education. Moreover, the organization has over 5.9 million learners globally.
In the context of SEO, you will learn how search engines work and how to improve your ranks. It is, indeed, one of the top free online SEO courses available on the internet.
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Types of Digital Marketing
- What is SEO?
- Types of SEO
- Demo – SEO for Google
- Demo – SEO for YouTube and so on.
- Free lifetime access
- Digital Marketing
- Analytics Skills
- Google SEO
- YouTube SEO
- Completion Certificate.
11. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Training Course by Simplilearn
Founded in 2009, Simplilearn is another leading training provider of digital marketing, data science, cloud computing, etc. based in India.
In terms of SEO courses, it is one of the top online SEO course providers. Importantly, the course covers all of the topics required to be an SEO specialist.
- SEO intro
- types of SEO
- keywords research
- on-page optimization
- off-page optimization
- local SEO
- updated algorithms and so on.
- 20+ real-life industry-based projects
- 100% money-back guarantee etc.
12. Advanced SEO Course by Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is one of the leading providers of online education. The tech company has learners in 97 countries throughout the world.
Suggested Read: Best Digital Marketing Jobs
If we talk about the online SEO course of the institute then the “Advanced SEO Course” is among the best globally. Moreover, in the course, you will master different aspects of SEO including link-building and technical SEO.
- SEO overview
- keyword research
- functions of search engines
- off-page SEO
- on-page optimization
- Analytics and measurements and so on.
- Free Bootcamp Sessions for 1-Year
- Guaranteed Internship
- Weekly 10+ job opportunities
- learn from experts with 15+ years of experience etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SEO?
Ans: Search engine optimization is a process that is aimed to rank higher on the search results. it is an organic way of getting traffic in the search engines.
Who are the Best Online SEO Course Providers?
Ans: various institutes provide SEO courses such as Udemy, Great Learning, Semrush Academy, Coursera, Simplilearn, Henry Harvin, Hubspot Academy, Ahrefs, Google Developers, Moz Academy, etc.