Aluminium door window manufacturing fabrication with different types of frames, fittings is a profitable manufacturing opportunity in India. Aluminum fabricated items like doors, windows, staircase, handrails, and supports, railings for verandas, corridors etc. have become the standard accepted feature in most modern buildings. The use of aluminum in business and office complexes, buildings, theaters, the auditorium is very extensive for functional as well as decorative purposes. Similarly in residential buildings also aluminum doors, windows, railings, grill works etc. are used extensively. Textile shops and other trading shops in lighter materials too are going in for shelves made of aluminum for stacking purposes.
- 1 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Market Potential
- 2 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Business Compliance
- 3 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Unit Setup
- 4 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Machinery
- 5 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Raw Material
- 6 Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Process
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Market Potential
India is the fifth largest producer of aluminium in the world with a tremendous bauxite reserve of about 3 billion tons. While the major consumption of aluminium in India is done by the electrical (31%) and Building &Construction sectors (13%), the future growth is envisaged to happen in the solar power and industrial sector. Aluminium is popular in Building and Construction due to its environment and user-friendly nature. Apart from this lightweight, strength, corrosion resistance, durability, ease of fabrication, attractive appearance, and easy maintenance make it a popular material for use in the modern building.
The development and construction activities being interlinked. And there is the good scope for aluminium fabrication units for meeting the growing demand of new building for offices, business and shopping complexes theaters etc. Aluminium fabricated and anodized items like doors, windows, railings, staircases, shelves; ladders, etc. are essential items in the modern constructions on considerations of durability and appearance. Nowadays wooden materials are replacing fast with aluminium fabricated items.
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Business Compliance
In initiating aluminium door window manufacturing fabrication business, you will need to follow some basic steps.
- Registration of the business with ROC ( Register Of Companies)
- SSI Unit Registration.
- Trade License
- Vat Registration
- BIS Quality Standard: IS: 1948-1961 – Specification for aluminium doors, windows and ventilators: Specifies requirements regarding materials, fabrication and dimensions of aluminium doors, windows and ventilators manufactured from extruded aluminium alloy sections of standard sizes and designs completed with fittings ready for fixing with buildings. This standard does not cover the requirements for industrial doors, windows, and ventilators.
IS 1949-1961: – Specification for Aluminium Windows for Industrial Buildings: deals with aluminium windows suitable for use in industrial buildings. Aluminium doors, windows, staircase handrails etc. are made as per the customers’ specifications and requirements. Workmanship and high finish are main criteria for this kind of products. Additionally, you must take care in joining and assembling to get the better appearance and finish.
Manual on Doors & Widows details for Residential Buildings, Vol.-I of CPWD (GoI)
IS 4571-1977: – Specification for Aluminium Extension Ladders for Fire Brigade use.
- NOC from Pollution Control Board: The anodizing process using acid solution may leave residual solution. And you have to dispose of it periodically. This may lead to some pollution in the water source if the disposal of such residual solution is not done taking due precautions. An effluent treatment plant needs to be established in getting ‘consent to operate’ from local Pollution Control Board.
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Unit Setup
Before setting up a unit, you must have a customized project report in hand primarily. From there you will get information about the area required machinery installation layout plan and also finance requirement. Especially in aluminium door window manufacturing fabrication business, you will need to have specific tools and equipment for outdoor fittings work. The major consumable utility is electricity.
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Machinery
The machinery required for aluminium door window manufacturing fabrication unit as follows:
- A heavy duty cut-off machine with 2 HP motor, Starter etc.
- Drilling Machine 12 mm cap. with 0.5 HP motor
- Portable Electric Drill
- Double ended Bench Grinder 200 mm diameter with 0.75 HP Motor
- Anodizing Plant Complete with Rectifier 500 Amps., 30 Volts, Completed with necessary tanks of 14 ft. the length and initial chemicals
- Buffing Machines with 2 HP motors
- Hand tools, work benches etc.
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Raw Material
In this business generally, you will need to procure raw material according to the specific product you want to build. Here we put some of the general essential aluminium extruded sections raw material list.
- Book Type Hand Rail 100 mm size
- 25 mm Sq. Pipe
- Flat 50 mm X 1.5 mm Thick
- 112 mmX50 mm Section
- 63 mm X 38 mm section
- 50 mm X 25 mm Section
- Handle Section for Doors
- Glass Sheet/ Board 3 mm/4.5 mm
- Chemical for Anodizing
You will need to procure some of other miscellaneous items such as hinges, Screws, Rubber Beading, Tower Bolts, Locks, Wooden/Plastic Plugs as per requirement.
Aluminium Door Window Manufacturing Fabrication Process
Manufacturing Process involves anodizing the aluminium extruded sections first and then fabrication. Anodizing process involves buffing, pickling, in acid solution than cleaning in water, neutralizing in chemical and keeping the extruded sections in an anodizing tank for specified time. Then wash them again with water and dry in the sun or by any other means. Additionally, you will need to fabricate the sections after anodizing as per design and sizes of customers. You can do the cutting, bending, joining by screwing or riveting, assembling with glass/board and beading wherever necessary. Finally, fit the handles, locks, tower bolts, stoppers etc. as per requirements lastly in the aluminium door window manufacturing fabrication process.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.