Women’s footwear is an essential item in women’s apparel. Women use different types of footwear for different purposes. Therefore, the variety includes slippers, sandals, sports shoes, high-heal, etc. You can start a ladies footwear manufacturing business from home.
Furthermore, it demands small capital investment compared to other industries. Also, it requires simple machinery and tools. However, this is a great opportunity for fashion designing professionals also. Here in the article, you will find information about how to start a ladies footwear manufacturing business.
Ladies Footwear Market Potential
In terms of revenue, the global footwear market was valued at USD 208.72 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 258.22 billion by 2023, increasing at a CAGR of 2.5% from 2015 to 2023. In terms of volume, the global footwear market was valued at 9.99 billion units in 2014, growing at a CAGR of 2.3% from 2015 to 2023 to account for 12.11 billion units in 2023.
However, the great diversity in the footwear market and easy availability of products in many retail outlets are anticipated to encourage impulse buying of these products. Furthermore, increasing demand for innovation in the design and technology of footwear products is likely to create a growth opportunity for the global footwear market. In conclusion, increasing population, growing spending capacity, and emerging retail outlets have also attributed to the growing demand for footwear across the globe.
Ladies Footwear Manufacturing Business Compliance
In starting this business, you must obtain different licenses and registrations. Find some basic requirements.
- In India, register your business with ROC.
- Apply for MSME Udyog Aadhaar online registration.
- Obtain Trade License from local Municipal authority.
- However, this business doesn’t demand clearance from Pollution Control Board.
- Obtain GST registration number.
- For export, you must obtain IEC number from Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- In addition, you must obtain BIS certification for ISI Mark
- Protect your brand name with Trademark registration.
- Finally, You can obtain ISO 9001 certification.
Critical Factors In Ladies Footwear Making Business
- First of all, develop attractive designs and produce good quality shoes at competitive prices.
- Develop strong linkages with suppliers for obtaining good quality products at competitive prices.
- Establish a solid distribution network with shoes wholesaler/retailers for the sale of the product.
- In addition, efficient stock and inventory management keep inventory costs at a minimum.
- Acquire knowledge about the latest market trends.
- Recruit trained and experienced sales personnel for efficient customer handling.
- You must follow the quality standards strictly.
- Establish a strong presence in the domestic market.
Related: Best Small Manufacturing Business Ideas
Ladies Footwear Making Machinery & Unit Set-Up
You can start this business from home also. However, You must have the area for the manufacturing and official work operation. The business demands the employment of skilled and semi-skilled staff. Therefore, it is better to start from an industrial zone. Here is a machinery list of basic requirement.
- Cutting Clicking Press and Cutting Board
- GP 4 Machine
- Skiving Machine
- Upper Stitching Flat Bed Machine
- Upper Stitching Post Bed Machine
- Cylindrical Bed / Bending Machine
- Sole Attaching Press
- Grinder / Scoring Machine
- Sole Activator
- Zigzag Machine
- Scoring Machine
- Finishing Machine
- Generator – 50 KVA
- In conclusion, You will need to arrange for electrifications.
Ladies Footwear Manufacturing Process & Raw Materials
The production process of ladies footwear manufacturing starts with the development of shoe designs. First of all, you will need to arrange 10 to 12 different designs (including both summer and winter designs) for the whole year production cycle.
Therefore, you can develop the designs either in-house by employing a full-time designer or by outsourcing. However, it is recommended to have a full-time designer for maintaining the uniqueness of designs in the market. It is better to have a full-time designer to produce new and creative designs. After finalizing the shoe designs, shoe “Last” is prepared;
Secondly, you will need to prepare shoe “Last” after finalizing the shoe designs. “Last” is a plastic shape that simulates the foot shape. However, you must remove it later from the finished shoe to be used further in making other shoes. You can outsource the product from the markets. The next step is
The next step is the preparation of press cutting dyes for uppers cutting and synthetic material. Stitchers then perform various stitching operations to stitch together various components of the upper. After stitching, you will need to mold the uppers into a shape of a foot with the help of developed Last.
Then you must join or attach the sole with the upper. Finally, you must finish the product and pack them in transparent plastic bags. However, you must provide cardboard boxes for outer packaging.
You must procure the quality raw materials from the reliable suppliers. Find a detailed list here.
For Upper Material: Natural Leather, Paramedics, Leather Fabrics, Textile Materials, Plastic, and Rubber Fall
Insole Material: Leather Board, Bontex and Other Cellulose Board and Some Special Types of Shoe Construction Textiles
Outsole Material: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyurethane (PU) and Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)
Grinderies: Shoe Laces, Threads, Tapes, Metal Fittings, Eyelets, Buckles, Different Types of Nails/Tingles, Shanks, Rivets, Hooks Zip Fastener
Auxiliary Material: Adhesives, Finishing Chemicals like Latex, Polish, etc.
Packaging Material: Plastic Bags, Cardboard Box, and Corrugated Cartoons.
Finally, in ladies footwear manufacturing, you will need to arrange the utility items like water and electricity.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.