Are you in search of the Best Credit Cards in India? The country is heading towards a cashless economy or we should say a Digital Economy. Successive governments have taken steps in this regard to lead the country on the path of “digitization”.
In this cashless banking system everyone wants the Best Credit Cards In India, but what’s best for one person may not be best for another.
Which Bank to go for? Which type of credit card to choose from? How to select the best credit card for yourself? You tend to get confused when it comes to taking a decision regarding selecting a credit card.
Now, depending upon your usage and the benefits being offered, you can make your choice from this list of “Best Credit Cards In India “.
- 1 Find Below the List of Top 25 Credit Cards in India
- 1.1 1. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- 1.2 2. ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card
- 1.3 3. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- 1.4 4. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- 1.5 5. SBI Card Prime
- 1.6 6. Citibank Cashback Credit Card
- 1.7 7. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- 1.8 8. Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
- 1.9 9. Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
- 1.10 10. American Express Gold Card
- 1.11 11. SBI Signature Credit Card (Elite)
- 1.12 12. RBL Platinum Maxima Card
- 1.13 13. HDFC All Miles Credit Card
- 1.14 14. American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card
- 1.15 15. HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
- 1.16 16. HDFC Money-Back Credit Card
- 1.17 17. SBI Simply Save Credit Card
- 1.18 18. ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
- 1.19 19. HDFC Solitaire Credit Card ( Women’s Credit Card)
- 1.20 20. CITI Bank Rewards Credit Card
- 1.21 21. ICICI Coral Visa Credit Card
- 1.22 22. RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card
- 1.23 23. IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
- 1.24 24. Amex Payback Credit Card
- 1.25 25. Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card
- 1.26 Factors To Consider Before Getting A Credit Card ;
Find Below the List of Top 25 Credit Cards in India
1. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Standard Chartered Super Value titanium credit card is the best credit card that gives 5% cashback on spending money on fuel in India. It also gives 5% cashback on utility and telephone bill payments.
5% cashback on all telecom payments including phone bills, electricity, gas, and water. This is also the 2nd credit card from Standard Chartered to be featured in this list of the Best Credit Cards In India.
The minimum transaction amount for cashback eligibility is Rs.750 and the minimum is Rs.100.
• Get 5% cashback on fuel at all petrol pumps in India. You will receive a 2.5% surcharge reversal and 2.5% cashback on the transaction amount at any petrol pump, be it BPCL, IOC, HPCL, or Reliance.
• 5% cashback on all telecom payments including phone bills
• 5% cashback on all utility bill payments, allowing you to save more on electricity, gas, and water.
• Get 1 reward point per Rs.100 on all other spendings.
2. ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card
ICICI bank offers you an instant credit card against the fixed deposit if you have a saving account with ICICI bank. You can simply log on to ICICI online banking and apply for the card.
This credit card is a good option for Students, Housewives, and Non-Salary people if they want to apply for a credit card against a Fixed Deposit.
There is a simple credit card without any annual fees.
- Get ₹ 100 off on movie tickets twice a month.
- Enjoy delicious treats at a minimum of 15% savings at over 800 leading restaurants across 10 cities in India.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver can be availed on fuel transactions of a maximum of ₹ 4,000 at HPCL pumps.
- 3 payback points for every Rs.100 spent.
3. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
An ideal card for Online Shopping. This card has its main focus on e-commerce and offers numerous benefits and rewards to online shoppers and is one of our favorites on this list of Best Credit Cards In India.
Websites like Amazon, Flipkart, MakeMyTrip, and other vendors provide you hassle-free transactions with this card.
If you make a fuel payment 2.5% waiver is provided on the surcharge but the transaction should be between INR 500 to INR 3000.
- Welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs 500 from Amazon
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver (on 500+ transaction amount)
- 10X rewards on online spending – Amazon/ BookMyShow/ Cleartrip/ Foodpanda / Lenskart / FabFurnish/ OLA / Zoomcar
- Earn 5X rewards on all other online shopping
4. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
This credit card is good if you want to dine out, go shopping, or purchase online.
To start with 5% cashback is provided to you if you go shopping in a supermarket and buy groceries.
Shopping stores like Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, and others will give you the benefit of getting 5% cashback.
The point to be kept in mind is that you have to make a minimum purchase of INR 1000.
- 5% cashback on credit card expenditure at supermarkets & department stores.
- 5x rewards when you use your credit card to pay for Hotels, Dining, Fuel, and Airline ticket reservation.
- Earn up to Rs. 500 as cashback every month and Rs. 150 per transaction.
5. SBI Card Prime
SBI Card Prime is recently launched which is our pick of 2017. If you’re looking for a single card that serves all-purpose, it’s the SBI Prime Credit card Prime. It is an all-rounder and one of the best in this list of the Best Credit Cards In India.
It’s a power-packed credit card with a lot of features stuffed inside. From milestone benefit to lounge access, SBI Card prime has everything you need under a single roof, and that too with a renewal fee waiver of 3L spend.
Best for: Dining, Groceries & Departmental stores Spends, International/Domestic Lounge Access
- 20 RP per Rs.100 spent: Standing instructions for Utility Bills payments (5% Value)
- 10 RP per Rs.100 spent: Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores, and Movies (2.5% Value)
- 8 complimentary visits per year to Domestic VISA/Mastercard Lounges in India (max. 2 visits per quarter)
6. Citibank Cashback Credit Card
Best for you if you watch movies and pay your bills online.
The biggest advantages of this card are that you get 5% off on movie tickets and telephone bill payments. While that might sound good, you can enjoy better offers on Bookmyshow and Paytm.
This is again a very beginner range credit card similar to Citibank Rewards Credit Card but is actually better than that.
- 5% cashback on movie ticket purchases.
- 5% cashback on all your telephone bill payments.
- Pay through Citibank Online Bill Pay and get 5% cashback on Utility Bill Payments.
7. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
This Standard Chartered Platinum card is a very good choice for salaried people who look for free and easy to use free credit cards with no annual fees.
There is an entry fee of Rs 399 and in the first year, you don’t incur any annual charges. But the second year you have to pay Rs 750 as renewal charges.
The person applying for this card must earn a monthly income of at least Rs. 25000 per month.
- Get an additional 1000 rewards points if you transact within 60 days.
- Bonus 500 points for registering for online banking.
- 20% cashback on Uber rides.
- 5 points on spending 150 rupees on a dining.
8. Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
The Indian oil Citi platinum credit card is one of the most famous cards for maximum benefits on fuel.
You earn up to 4 points on every purchase of Rs 150 fuel from Indian Oil. These points can be redeemed at Indian Oil for fuel purchases. 1 turbo point is equal to Rs 1 free fuel.
That means a benefit of 2.67% + you will get a waiver on 2.5% of surcharge on fuel.
You can get 2 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent at groceries, supermarkets, and dining.
- There is no annual fee to be paid if you spent Rs 30000 or more on this card in a year. But subscribers who have not spent Rs 30000 will have to pay an annual fee of Rs 1000.
- Get benefits worth Rs 250 on the activation of the card.
9. Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
If you are a regular traveler along with doing transactions online then the Citi premier miles credit card is one of the best cards for you.
Because you can get 10% rewards miles for your spend. It is also useful if you spend on Flipkart for shopping and MakeMyTrip for booking.
This card offers 10 miles per Rs.100 you spend with this. If you redeem miles at preferred partners you get Rs.4.5 per Rs 100. In short, 4.5% of reward points, such a big discount.
- Get 10,000 miles with your first spend of Rs 1,000 or more on your Citi PremierMiles card within 60 days of card issuance.
- Get 3,000 miles on card renewal.
- Provides air accident insurance cover up to Rs.1 crore.
- It also provides complimentary language accessed to participating airport lounges in India.
10. American Express Gold Card
This card helps you earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for simply using your Card 6 times on transactions of Rs. 1,000 and above every month.
The Annual Fee for the first year is Rs. 10,000 (Second year onwards Rs.4,500). But you also get 5000 MR Points on renewal for the second year.
It’s best if you already have any other cashback credit card. Use it for earning 1000 bonus points worth 400 rupees every month.
- Welcome gift of 4,000 Membership Rewards Point after the first 3 spends in 60 days.
- 1000 Bonus MR Points for using your Card 6 times every month.
- Earn 1 MR point on Rs.50 spent on all spending except for spending on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, and Cash Transactions.
11. SBI Signature Credit Card (Elite)
As the name suggests, this card belongs to the elite class of credit cards. The SBI Elite Card is a top-class credit card with exceptional benefits and features.
Although the annual fee is high (Rs. 4999), it is justified if you look at the features and benefits offered by the card.
Welcome gift, up to 5x rewards, airport lounge access, free movie tickets are some of the benefits related to this card.
SBI is one of the most trusted banks in India and it has come up with a gem of a card.
- Benefits worth Rs.30,000 every year.
- A welcome gift worth Rs.5,000.
- 2 Free movie tickets every month from Bookmyshow.
- Earn 10,000 bonus Reward Points for achieving annual spends of Rs. 2 lakhs, 3 lakhs, and 4 lakhs.
12. RBL Platinum Maxima Card
This card will give you the most benefits when used for dining, entertainment, utility bill payments, fuel, and international purchases.
Its annual is higher as compared to the other cards but it offers good deals against these annual fees.
You also get complimentary lounge access, bonus rewards on achieving milestone spend, and a lot more.
Usually, all cards provide a fuel surcharge waiver but RBL Platinum Maxima does not provide any fuel surcharge waiver.
- Swipe your card within 60 days of issuance and get 8,000 reward points.
- Earn 2 points per Rs.100 spent on all purchases.
- Earn 10 reward points when you use your card for Dining, Entertainment, Utility Bill Payments.
13. HDFC All Miles Credit Card
This credit card mainly caters to the middle to high-income people. The card offers an opportunity to earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent. In addition, you get double reward points on ALL MILES Website (on Hotel Booking, flight booking, Mobile Recharges, DTH recharges) along with fuel surcharge waiver.
To get the most out of this card use it for travel purposes. After considering the benefits of the card, you should definitely apply for this card if you don’t mind paying an annual fee of only Rs. 1000 which can be waived easily if your spending exceeds Rs. 100000 in the previous year. In our Best Credit Cards In India list, this card stands out due to its versatility.
- Get a welcome gift of 1,000 reward points.
- Provide lounge access at airports in India or overseas.
- Get 3 reward points per Rs.150 you spent on anything.
- Enjoy double reward points on your spending on all miles website.
14. American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card
American express associated with online travel companies (the only one in this Best Credit Cards In India segment) MakeMyTrip to take advantage of the rising popularity of online travel reservations. To take the full benefit of this American express MakeMyTrip credit card offers multiple rewards and privileges.
If you spend Rs.2.5 Lakhs you get Rs.9,000 worth of MakeMyTrip vouchers which you can use to book flights/hotels.
Additionally, you get 1.25% via payback points spent on MakeMyTrip and 0.5% spent elsewhere. So you get an overall reward rate of ~3.7% (normal spend) to ~4.4% (MakeMyTrip spend).
- Welcome Gift: 2 MakeMyTrip vouchers, each worth Rs.1,000
- Spend Rs.1.25 lakhs in a year to get: MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 2,000
- Spend Rs.2.5 lakhs in a year to get: MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 5,000
- 5 Payback Points for every Rs. 100 spent on MakeMyTrip & 2 Payback points on every Rs.100 spent elsewhere.
- Additional 5% cashback on MakeMyTrip bookings.
15. HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit card is your ideal first premium credit card. It’s one of the best suited in our Best Credit Cards In India list for frequent flyers or business travelers.
It is a lifestyle card, you get a decent reward rate, free domestic and international lounge access, low foreign currency markup fees on international transactions, 5X rewards with selected merchants, and access to a host of other offers with HDFC.
If you find it tough to get approved, apply for Regalia First and then upgrade it to the Original Regalia after 6 months.
- 2500 welcome bonus points and 2500 renewal bonus points
- 4 points on every Rs.150 spent, 8 points on every Rs.150 spent on Dining/air Vistara.
- Low-interest rate
16. HDFC Money-Back Credit Card
HDFC money back is an entry-level credit card. The card comes with multiple features & benefits. You can use a Money-Back credit card for all you’re shopping and purchases either online or direct via shops.
With a money-back credit card, you can redeem your rewards points for the cash amount. And each reward point is equal to Rs 0.30.
If you are trying to get your first credit card then HDFC money back will be one of your better options.
- Earn 2 Reward Points (RP) on Rs 150 spent. And 2X Reward Points on online spending.
- Zero Lost Card liability post reporting of the loss of card
- Save money with a 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver, capped at Rs. 250 every billing cycle. EMI Facility
17. SBI Simply Save Credit Card
SBI Simply Save credit card is a good option for those who are looking for a multi-purpose credit card with Public sector banks. Simply Save Card gives you almost every benefit and feature you are looking for.
This isn’t as beneficial as SBI Simply Click credit card but this is easier to be selected for. We recommend first apply for an SBI Simply Click Card and if rejected then try this one out.
- 10 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores, and Grocery Spends. (4 Reward Points = Rs. 1)
- Freedom from paying the 2.5% fuel surcharge at any petrol pump
18. ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
The ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Credit card is specially featured for those who want to reduce their fuel bills.
This Credit Card helps you keep fuel costs under check with powerful cashback and fuel surcharge waiver programs. You can also avail of a minimum of 15% savings on dining at over 800 restaurants across the country.
The joining fee is only Rs 199, but it can waver if you spend Rs 5000 in the first 60 days.
- 2 Payback Points on every Rs 100/ spent on retail purchases except fuel.
- You can Redeem 2000 PAYBACK Points for fuel worth Rs 500/.
- Enjoy Rs 100 discount on up to 2 movie tickets per month at bookmyshow.com.
19. HDFC Solitaire Credit Card ( Women’s Credit Card)
One of the largest private sector banks in India HDFC bank has offered an exclusive premium Credit Card for women. The Solitaire card comes with lots of added advantages for women.
Women can redeem Reward Points as CashBack against outstanding amounts on their Credit Card (100 Reward Points = Rs. 30). This is also a pretty cheap credit card when considering the benefits – just Rs 500
- 3 Reward Points on Rs. 150 spent.
- Earn 50% more Reward Points for dining and grocery spends.
- Save Rs. 1,500 in a year on your fuel transactions.
- Zero Lost Card liability post reporting card loss to the bank.
20. CITI Bank Rewards Credit Card
This Citibank Rewards card is pretty similar to the Citibank Cash Back Card.
The rewards program lets you earn up to 10 rewards points for every Rs. 125 spent and a decent annual fee of Rs. 1000 which can be easily waived off by spending Rs. 30000 or more in a year.
Using the card at department and apparel stores will fetch the most points.
- Earn 10X reward points on spends at apparel and department stores.
- Get 300 bonus points on card spends of INR 30,000 or more in a calendar month.
- Avail of up to 20% discounts on 2000+ selected restaurants with Citibank Reward Credit Card.
21. ICICI Coral Visa Credit Card
ICICI Coral Visa Credit Card is one of the best Credit Cards under 30K monthly salary customers. Coral Visa is an International credit with exciting features & advantages. With this card, you can get unlimited cash rewards, free movie tickets, discounts on dining, and many more benefits.
You also et get a Complimentary Provogue tie on joining as the welcome gift.
- Enjoy 2 complimentary movies every month under the Buy One Get One offer through the www.bookmyshow.com website.
- Avail of a minimum 15% discount on dining bills at over 800 restaurants across the country.
- Earn 4 Cash reward points on dining, groceries, and at supermarkets.
22. RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card
Ratnakar Bank aka RBL Bank Titanium Delight Card is a multi-purpose credit card.
This card is designed to complement the lifestyle. The card will give you the most benefits when used at Dominos/Pizza Hut or for grocery shopping on Wednesdays.
You also get a fuel surcharge waiver along with movie offers. An annual fee of only Rs. 750 will be charged for this card which can be waived easily if your spending exceeds Rs. 1,00,000 in the previous year.
- Earn 2K bonus reward points if you swipe your card within 60 days of card issuance.
- Spend 10,000 in 60 days and get another 1,000 reward points.
- Get 1 free movie ticket on Bookmyshow with Buy One Get One Offer on Wednesday, once in a month.
23. IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card is a premium card, that is suitable for shopping, travel, and dining. This card provides exclusive benefits like priority pass membership, travel plus program, and dining benefits to its members.
The annual fee required for the card is Nil, but you need to pay the joining fee of Rs. 5,999. Because of the average joining fees, this card suits the medium-class person.
- Enjoy up to 30% discount on dining and up to 15% discount on various hotels and restaurants in India.
- Airport lounge benefits with Priority pass membership and more than 8 visits to international Airport lounges.
- 4 saving points for each 100/ INR spent ( Each Saving point value is 0.50 INR)
24. Amex Payback Credit Card
If you are more interested in an international brand, they can apply for an American express PayBack credit card. This is one of the best credit cards in India from Amex.
The card offers an opportunity to earn 3 Payback Points for every Rs. 100 spent except for categories Fuel, Utilities, Insurance, and Cash Transactions.
In addition, you get offers on dining, movies, and a lot more along with a fuel surcharge waiver.
- Earn multiple points from more than 40 PAYBACK partners and 3 PAYBACK Points from American Express PAYBACK Credit Card for every 100 spent.
- Get 900 bonus PAYBACK points on spending Rs 15,000 within 60 days of Card issuance.
- Get welcome vouchers worth Rs 3,000.
- Up to 20% discounts on dining in the selected restaurant’s in India, And up to 30% discount and an additional 5% cash back at over 1200 restaurants every time you dine through Dineout.
25. Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card
Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card is a basic credit card for people who have a gross annual income of Rs. 6 Lacs. With this card, you get 5% cash back at supermarkets and department stores. Also, you earn reward points for various purchases.
The rewards program will be communicated to you when you sign up for the card. Other features of the card include free insurance cover, concierge facility, emPower financial planning tool, and much more.
- 5% cashback on supermarkets and department stores.
- Air accident cover: Rs. 35 lacs.
- No joining or annual fee.
- Free add-on card.
Factors To Consider Before Getting A Credit Card ;
1. If you need a credit card only for an ad-hoc basis or just at times that you don’t want to carry cash- opt for any credit card which has no fees. It will save you from any unnecessary charges.
2. If you have your own vehicle and you spend on petrol or diesel for more than 3000 a month – Opt for a petrol card and start using that card for your refills- this will increase your overall savings. You will find some of our Best Credit Cards In India list.
3. If you are a frequent flier – Opt for travel cards- it will help you in getting miles or few tickets free in a year and can be the free holiday that you were looking for.
If you are a first-time applicant and looking for a lifetime free card, then apply for Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card.
If your salary is above 6 lakh per year, Standard Chartered Manhattan would be most valuable for you.
For people who already have a credit card (means they have a credit history) and salary above 6 lakh, apply for SBI Simply Click for online shopping, SBI Elite for premium benefits.
We hope this list of the Best Credit Cards in India helps to figure out the perfect card for you.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.