Last Updated on
Basically. a non stick cookware can reduce the ability of other materials to stick to it. Non-stick is often used to refer to surfaces coated with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), a well-known brand of which is Teflon. Nowadays the non-stick cookware or utensils are getting immense popularity in the both urban and rural areas.
Generally, non-stick cookware comes with a wide range of items. Some of the basic items are Pans, Frying Pans, Tawa, Kadhai, Pressure Cooker, Saucepans, Tadka Pan, Chef’s Pan etc. Basically, these utensils have several advantages over conventional cookwares. Such as lesser usage of cooking medium like edible oil and lesser spoilage of cooked material by overheating burning, etc.
The industry is highly profitable and demands strategic planning. However, any individual can initiate a non-stick cookware manufacturing business with moderate capital investment. Here in this, we intend to explore how to start non stick cookware manufacturing business.
Non Stick Cookware Market Potential
The market for non-stick cookware in India is a fast growing one. The demand is being fuelled by several aspects. Broadly these are increasing health consciousness, a fast-paced lifestyle and need for convenience. The increased purchasing power particularly that of double income households is enabling the adoption of non-stick cookware.
Non-stick cookware has also become a symbol of an evolved kitchen. More and more people are opting to use this attractive addition to one’s kitchen. Currently the demand from domestic and export markets for pressure cookers and non-stick cookware growing at 20-25% year-on-year. Hence, we can conclude that the non stick cookware manufacturing is a profitable business for the new entrepreneurs.
Non Stick Cookware Manufacturing Business Compliance
Basically, non-stick cookware manufacturing business demands several registrations and licenses from the concerned authority. It is advisable to check your state law. However, here we have compiled some of the basic requirements.
- First of all, you need business registration. According to the investment pattern, select the right form of business and register it.
- Obtain Trade License from the local authority.
- Obtain PAN card.
- Open a current bank account.
- Apply for an NOC from the Pollution Control Board.
- Select the brand name for your product and secure it with Trademark registration.
- Additionally, apply for BIS certification. Because you have to maintain the quality standard. Therefore, you have to test the materials with several methods. These are salt water corrosion resistance test, the thickness of the coating, non-stick quality, adhesive test and dimension of utensil test etc.
- Finally, check the tax liabilities of your state. You have to comply with GST.
Non Stick Cookware Manufacturing Plant Setup & Machinery
In starting a medium scale plant, you have to secure a 5000 Sq Ft shade area for the operation. Space must have the commercial electrical connection, the water source for regular use and easy transport options. It is always better to secure a plant area in the industrial zone. However, if you are starting the unit nearby residential zone, then have the NOC from your neighbours. In addition, if you don’t have a space of your own, then start the business from a rental location.
With some simple machinery, you can set up a semi-automatic plant. Basic required machines are
- Continuous baking oven for base coat with digital temperature control up to 150°C
- Continuous baking oven for the top coat with digital temperature control up to 500° C.
- Drilling machine
- Buffing machine CI stand
- Air compressor cylinders with spray gun
- Testing equipment-Corrosion cabinet for salt spray, Thickness Micrometer, Scrubbing Tester, Bending barrel for adhesive Test.
- Weighing Machine
- Other equipment and tools.
Non Stick Cookware Manufacturing Process
Basically, the manufacturing process involves several steps. First of all, procure the good quality aluminium utensils. Then go for sand blasting. The next step is PTFE coating. Here, you have to maintain some specific technical specifications.
Finally, you have to give the materials good finishing. Go for quality check and stamp your company brand name. The final steps are cleaning and packaging.
Required Raw Materials
Basically, the major raw material is the good quality aluminium utensil. Because the quality of a non stick cookware hugely depends on the base utensil. Additionally, you have to arrange PTFE coating liquid, Bakelite handles, Brackets, SS screws, Aluminum Rivets, Wooden spatula, and Packing materials.
The machinery and raw material suppliers are available throughout the country. However, you have to craft a customised business plan prior according to your investment capacity and business size. In addition, you have to concentrate on the marketing and branding aspects to get a long term success in non stick cookware business.