Do you want to know about Udyog Aadhaar registration? If yes, find here every detail of the registration process including the benefits, eligibility, and document requirements.
Right at the beginning, let us make one thing clear. Udyog Aadhaar registration is for people who own a business and not for upcoming business owners. Let us first understand what actually is Udyog Aadhaar before exploring the benefits and registration process.
What is Udyog Aadhaar?
The Govt. of India has simplified the registration process for small and medium scale business owners by the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar. Earlier applying for MSME registration was a tedious process and a lot of paperwork for entrepreneurs.
Earlier a business owner had to fill up 11 different types of forms for MSME registration. As a result, it was found many MSMEs did not register themselves and remained outside the benefits offered by the Government to small-scale entrepreneurs.
At present, an MSME business owner just needs to fill up one form only. It is a completely online process and free of cost.
Let us understand the benefits of Udyog Aadhaar MSME Registration and why one should get Udyog Aadhaar registered entrepreneur.
Benefits of Udyog Aadhaar MSME Registration
There are several benefits Udyog Aadhar registered MSMEs are expected to enjoy. Some of them are the following:
- Exemption under the direct tax laws
- Avail Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Excise Exemption
- Increased chances of receiving government loans and subsidies.
- Financial support for attending foreign expos
Documents Required For Udyog Aadhaar MSME Registration
Below are listed some of the essential documents that need to be furnished:
- Aadhaar Number: 12 digits Aadhaar number issued to the applicant.
- Name of Owner: The applicant’s name is mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
- Social Category: General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes (with proof).
- Name of Enterprise: Name of the legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number.
- Type of Organization: Type of Business Entity or Legal Entity. (Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Hindu Undivided Family, Private Limited Company, Co-Operative, Public Limited Company, Self Help Group, LLP, Others)
- Postal Address: Address of the business including mobile and email address.
- Date of Commencement: The date on which businesses were started.
- Previous Registration Details: Details of previous MSME registration, if applicable should be entered here.
- Bank Details: Details of the bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
- Major Activity: Major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code: The appropriate NIC Code should be entered from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook. To download NIC Code Handbook
- The person employed: The total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment: Amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment by the business.
- DIC: Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business, if required.
Eligibility for Udyog Aadhar
All the small, medium, and micro-enterprises in the manufacturing or servicing sectors can apply for registration under Udyog Aadhaar.
- Micro-Enterprise – up to Rs 5 Cr
- Small Scale Enterprise – Between Rs. 5 Cr. to Rs. 50 Cr.
- Medium Scale Enterprise – Between Rs. 50 Cr. to Rs. 100 Cr.
Here are 17 Steps to Register Udyog Aadhaar MSME Online
After opening the official site of Udyog Aadhar, you will need to provide the below-mentioned information:
1. Aadhaar Card Number
First of all, you have to fill up the 12-digit Aadhaar number. For online registration, you can’t continue the Udyog Aadhaar registration application without an Aadhaar number.
2. Name of Entrepreneur
Secondly, you have to provide the name of the owner. Here, you have to write the name as per your Aadhaar card. Basically, your name for Udyog Aadhaar registration must match with the name and style of your Aadhaar Card. Otherwise, you will face rejection.
3. Social Category
Now you have to write your specific social category of yours. Mention, whether you belong to a General, SC, ST or OBC category. Other than the General category, you have to provide a specific document as proof of your status.
Then you have to mention your gender. Provide whether you are a male or female candidate.
5. Name of Enterprise
You have to provide the name of your business which is a legal entity to conduct business. You may have more than one enterprise doing business. And each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc.
6. Type of Organization
You have to mention the appropriate type of organization. Additionally, you have to ensure that you are the authorized person to fill out the online form.
7. PAN Number
In the case of Co-Operative, Private Limited, Public Limited, and Limited Liability Partnership, you have to enter the PAN number. However, it is optional for the remaining types of organization.
8. Business Address
You have to provide the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin Code, Mobile No, and Email. Additionally, you have to mention the plant address also. However, you can add multiple plant locations in one registration by clicking Add Plant button.
9. Date of Commencement
The date of commencement is the specific date when the business entity started the operation. Here, you have to provide that particular date of commencing the business.
10. Previous Registration Details
If you have already an SSI registration, then you have to provide the number here. Just mention the number in the appropriate place.
11. Bank Details
Here, you must provide the bank account number that you use for the business transaction. Additionally, you must provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where the account exists.
12. Major Activity
You have to choose a major activity from two alternatives. Mention whether you operate a ‘Manufacturing’ or ‘Service’ based business. However, if you are into both manufacturing and service, then choose an option that you do on a large scale. You can’t mention both.
13. NIC Code
NIC stands for National Industry Classification. Basically, you can mention more than one classification code. To do so, you can click the ‘Add More’ button.
14. Number of Employees
Here, you have to provide the total number of employees in your enterprise. Only include those persons who are directly underpaid salary/wages.
15. Investment in Plant & Machinery
You have to mention the total investment amount in plant, machinery, and equipment. However, only mention the original investment which means the purchase value. Provide the value excluding the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and other items.
16. DIC Location
According to the location of your enterprise provide the DIC location of that particular area. However, if there is more than one DIC, then you have to mention it in the respective column. In fact, if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
17. Press the Submit Button
Finally, you have to click on the Submit button to generate OTP. Actually, you will get a Time Password at your registered email id. Additionally, you have to enter the OTP received on mobile for the second time. Finally, enter the captcha and hit the submit button. To file the Udyog Aadhaar MSME online Click Here.
We hope the above-mentioned guide will help you in submitting the Udyog Aadhaar MSME registration online.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.