Last Updated on
Are you looking for inspirational quotes that can lift you up in the difficult times of your entrepreneurship journey? Here, we are sharing our favorite inspirational quotes which help us immensely in hard times. Hope these will also help you in your entrepreneurship journey.
Entrepreneurship journey might test your attitude in critical decision-making times. Initiating a venture and managing it, will demand hard work, determination, and motivation. In some critical events when the results will not meet your expectations you might ask yourself – is this whole tough entrepreneur thing worth it or not. Selecting this career path is challenging.
It is only rewarding for those who succeed due to their drive, persistence, and passion. Instead of giving up the challenges, keep your head up and inspire yourself. In fact, most successful people came across these hurdles of hardship. They conquered it.
List of 51 Inspirational Quotes for Entrepreneurs
1. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company.
2. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder, and CEO of Apple.
3. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook.
4. “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” – Catherine Cook, co-founder of MyYearbook.
5. “The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.” – Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.
6. “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.” – Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s.
7. “Always deliver more than expected.” —Larry Page, co-founder of Google.
8. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks.
9. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group.
10. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
11. “If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., pastor, activist, humanitarian and Civil Rights leader.
12. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft.
13. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, inventor.
14. “Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice.” – Peter Drucker, management consultant, educator, and author.
15. “If you’re not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn.
16. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. – Dr. Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich.
17. “Ideas are the commodity. Execution of them is not.” –Michael Dell, Dell Chairman, and CEO
18. “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.” –Walt Disney, Co-Founder, Disney
19. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” –Jeff Bezos, Amazon Founder, and CEO
20. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” –Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister
21. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” –Dave Thomas, Founder, Wendy’s
22. “Don’t be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities, and don’t let the bastards get you down.” –Michael Bloomberg, Former Mayor of New York and Founder of Bloomberg L.P.
23. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.” –Pierre Omidyar, eBay Founder, and Chairman
25. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James, Omniture CEO, and Co-Founder
26. “Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle, and a victory.” –Mahatma Gandhi, Political and Spiritual Leader of India
27. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, Author, and Motivational Speaker.
28. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.”– Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
29. “Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” – David Karp, founder, and CEO Tumblr
30. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” – Reid Hoffman, co-founder LinkedIn
31. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” – Steve Case, co-founder AOL
32.“High expectations are the key to everything.” – Sam Walton, founder of Walmart
33. “There are lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world.” – Phil Libin, CEO Evernote
34. “Empower yourself and realize the importance of contributing to the world by living your talent. Work on what you love. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you.” – Catharina Bruns, Founder workisnotajob
35. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” – Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter
36. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake, co-founder Flickr
37. “Have the end in mind and every day make sure you’re working towards it.” -Ryan Allis, co-founder, and CEO iContact
38. “Make your team feel respected, empowered and genuinely excited about the company’s mission.” –Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
39. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” –Lisa Stone, co-founder, and CEO BlogHer
40. “We are really competing against ourselves, we have no control over how other people perform.” – Pete Cashmore, founder, and CEO Mashable
41.Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. – Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
42. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” —Anthony Volodkin, Hype Machine founder
43. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” —Jason Fried, 37signals founder
44. “If there’s something you want to build, but the tech isn’t there yet, just find the closest possible way to make it happen.” —Dennis Crowley, Foursquare co-founder
45. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” —Michael Arrington, TechCrunch founder, and co-editor
46. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” —Bob Parsons, GoDaddy founder
47. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” —Spencer Fry, CarbonMade co-founder
48. “If you’re going to put your product in beta – put your business model in beta with it.” —Joe Kraus, Google Ventures partner
49. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be the sunshine.” – Jack Ma Alibaba.com founder
50. If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach. – Larry Page, Google Co-founder
51. ”Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently… A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.”
-Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company