Are you looking for eCommerce platforms and solution providers for your online business? Here in this post find best and most popular eCommerce software available in starting an online in India.
The Indian eCommerce market is growing at a rapid pace. And with the new technology innovation, new opportunities are opening up for small business entrepreneurs. Nowadays, having a small online shop for your own products is possible with really a small capital investment.
However, when choosing eCommerce platforms it might be a fairly confusing task – especially if you aren’t from a technical or eCommerce background. In this article, we intend to explore the top best eCommerce platforms for the beginners and startups in India.
After using and reviewing lots of online store builders in the past few years, we put a list of the top 10 eCommerce platforms and shopping cart software that are the best fit for any needs. With hundreds of choices out there, people aiming to build eCommerce stores often find it difficult to pick and choose a platform that can best serve their requirements.
So before starting your online shop take a look at the recommended list of eCommerce platforms for small businesses in India.
List of 10 Best CMS eCommerce Platforms in India
Shopify is one of the first names that comes to mind when one thinks of an online commerce platform. With 90,000 sites using Shopify, it is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in India.
- A large number of add-ons as well as beautiful and professional templates to choose from for a beautiful storefront
- 24/7 customer support – Can be reached by phone, online live chat or email.
- SEO Compliant
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin built for WordPress. The plugin is open sourced and basic functionalities of starting an online store are offered free of cost. However, if you need more advanced features, there are plenty of add-ons which you need to buy.
- WordPress requires very little time to get familiar
- Runs on WordPress – so does not have powerful servers requirements
- A good number of lower-priced add-ons and themes available
- Finally, you can access a huge WordPress support community
3dcart is the new age eCommerce web store solution that provides for both small and large scale businesses everything that you need for online selling. If you are looking for an affordable feature-rich self-hosted online selling, 3dcart can be the ideal solution.
- Easy payment Integration
- Plenty of features on all plans
- Affordable monthly cost
Yearly 21% of the world’s top 100,000 eCommerce sites built on the Magento platform. You can access a large number of plugins and extensions.
- Robust platform with a high level of functionality and customizability
- A large number of marketplace extensions available
- Furthermore, a highly active community for assistance with tutorials and troubleshooting options
- Finally, more SEO-friendly as compared to most other platforms
osCommerce is a fairly popular platform as well. In addition, it has a huge support base and a very active forum. However, some users find that updates to the platform have not kept up with the times.
- Easy installation and an easy-to-use interface
- Active forum with a large support base
- A large number of plugins and add-ons allowing the addition of most functionalities
6. Drupal Commerce
Drupal is the second most-used open source website content management system after WordPress. Its seamless integration with Drupal makes creating a blog or forum much more convenient than most other eCommerce content management systems.
- Seamless integration with the Drupal CMS framework. It gives it an edge over other platforms when it comes to blog integration and content marketing
- Allows for easy implementation of SEO strategy
Opencart is another open source CMS for eCommerce. It has one of the easiest to use backends. However, its support systems are not as comprehensive as compared to the other platforms listed.
- Easy to use back-end
- Feature rich with a large number of plug-ins
- You can edit CSS from within the admin
Bigcommerce is another popular platform, with 17% of the top 100,000 sites using hosted eCommerce solutions; and 70,000 plus sites overall, being built on Bigcommerce.
- A large knowledge base – The Bigcommerce university provides extensive help resources
- Easy-to-use interface
Mumbai-based Zepo supports more than 1200 eCommerce stores at the moment and has also raised an undisclosed amount of funding in December 2014 to drive its expansion plans.
- Local brand – local support as well as a better understanding and feel of the local market
- An easy interface, especially for newbies
- Hosted by Rackspace servers – so you can expect a better speed as compared to most platforms.
Delhi-based KartRocket has powered over 1900 stores via its platform and snapped up close to $2 million investment in January 2015 to fund its expansion as well as develop innovative and India-focused product solutions
- Good choice of storefront templates
- Usability – Clean backend interface
- Local brand – better understanding and feel of the local market
Things to Check before Choosing E-commerce Platform
Before selecting any eCommerce solution, you must check the following features of the solution provider:
- Ease of use
- E-commerce features offered
- Website hosting and design
- Customization options
- Payment processors
- Merchant tools
- Automation capabilities
- Back-end features
- Marketing tools
- Third-party integration
- Reporting and analytics
- Service limitations
- Customer support service
Broadly, there are two different types of options available. Either you can use managed hosted eCommerce platforms or open source content management system. A hosted eCommerce platform is hosted on a server and you will not have to access it. On the other hand, CMS-based websites are self-hosted on server space and you will have to purchase it. However, Select the one which suits best for you depending on your specific needs as well as your own technical expertise.