Employee training and development programs are necessary for any organization for improving the quality of work of the employees at all levels. Particularly, it is important in a world of fast-changing technology, changing values and environment. Here in this article, we intend to explore every aspect of the importance of training in an organization.
What Is Employee Training?
Training is a short-term process of utilizing a systematic and organized procedure. Generally, in this process personnel acquire technical knowledge and skill for a definite purpose. In addition, it refers to instructions in technical, mechanical or any sort of operational process. Even it may refer to specific product training to the sales executives.
What Is Development?
Development is a long-term educational process utilizing a systematic and organized procedure. In this process, personnel gets conceptual and theoretical knowledge. However, it doesn’t refer to technical knowledge or skill in operation. It refers to philosophical and theoretical educational concepts. In addition, it involves broader education and its purpose is long-term development.
Importance Of Employee Training In An Organization
- First of all, training is necessary for improving the quality of work of the employees.
- Employment of inexperienced and new manpower requires detailed instructions for the effective performance of the job.
- People have not only to work. But they must work effectively with minimum supervision. In addition, it must lead to a minimum of cost, waste, and spoilage, and to produce quality goods and services.
- When you change the production technology and other operations, it requires training into new methods for the operatives.
- Also, it is necessary when a person has to move from one job to another because of transfer or promotion.
- A well-planned and well-executed training program reduces waste and spoilage.
- In addition, it improves the method of work.
- Training also reduces learning time. Therefore, it helps reduce maintenance costs also.
- Training ensures quality production. And it also helps in enhancing the production rate in the manufacturing business.
- Finally, it helps to improve the morale of the employees in your organization.
How To Formulate the Employee Training Policy?
The HR department is primarily responsible for the formulation of the training policy. However, in small manufacturing or product-based organization owners can also take this responsibility. You must ask yourself the below-mentioned questions in formulating the training policy.
- What do I want and hope to accomplish through training?
- Who is responsible for the training function?
- Should the training be formal or informal?
- What are the training priorities?
- What type of training is required in my organization?
- When and where I must give the training?
- Should training be continuous or casual?
- How much amount you will need to pay the employees during the training?
- Whether there is a requirement of engaging outside agencies. If yes, which one I must engage in?
Infused with current research and recent case studies, this resource serves as a practical guide that recommends concrete actions for producing tangible results. Tools, guides, and checklists in every chapter ensure that readers walk away with meaningful strategies that can be implemented right away. The book includes:
- A complete review of research drawn from thousands of insights, goals, and lessons learned
- Specific strategies and actions that can be put into effect quickly for immediate results
- A focus on ROI for business leaders wanting to make a clearer connection between dollars spent and new skills gained
- Checklists in each chapter to help to learn organizations perform quality audits of new and existing learning programs
The third edition of The Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning contains so many new resources and so much thoroughly revised content that even those who own previous editions will find its reinvigorated approach highly beneficial.
Strengthen the link between your learning efforts and your business goals with this increasingly popular, globally recognized resource.
In today′s hyper-competitive business climate, human capital development is the last frontier of competitive advantage. The businesses that are getting ahead are those that are most effective at converting investment in human capital development into a proportional and beneficial impact on their organizations.
The Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning describes a proven process for maximizing the value of training and development that has been used by organizations large and small across industries and around the world.
The authors tackle head–on the “elephant in the room” in learning and development: the amount of “learning scrap”—training that employees attend but never apply. Trainers estimate that as much as 80% of all professional development is never utilized. That represents a huge amount of wasted value and a significant source of competitive advantage for the companies that successfully reclaim it.
Employee training is highly necessary for any organization. However, to get an effective result, you must conduct it with tested principles of learning. In addition, you must conduct the training in the actual job environment to the maximum possible extent.
Recommended Tools for Startups
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.