Stone chips are one of the main construction materials along with bricks, sand, cement, and steel. Generally, you can segregate the crushed stone into various sizes like 35mm, 20mm, 12mm, etc for different uses. Crushed stone aggregates are essential for the construction of roads, bridges, housing, industrial building construction.
Additionally, it is an essential item for other cement-based products. The list includes RCC pipes, PSC poles, pre moulded slabs, frames, and beams, etc for fabrication. A stone crusher plant is a profitable venture for new entrepreneurs. The demand for quality stone chips is increasing day-by-day.
Stone Crusher Plant Market Opportunity
All the building constructions whether it is housing or industrial construction activities requires crushed stone. Crushed stone is also required for cement based products like RCC pipes, PSC poles, cement concrete hollow blocks, precast cement concrete slabs, well rings, window & door frames and road laying. The demand for crushed stone will continue to grow with the growth of its user industry.
One of the most particular and general but most important materials used for making concrete is stone chips. These are used as filler with binding materials in the production of concrete. Crushed stones occupy about 72-75% of the volume of concrete and they greatly influence the strength of concrete.
The good quality black stones are the most popular. However, you can set up the unit depending on the availability of raw material and major commercial center.
Stone Crusher Plant Business Registration & License
- Register your firm with ROC according to the management pattern.
- Obtain a Trade License from the local authority.
- Register with Udyog Aadhaar MSME. It will help you in getting Govt. subsidy on the capital investment.
- If you are also conducting mining, then you must follow the statutory norms.
- Pollution control is a major issue. Obtain ‘consent to establish’ and ‘consent to operate’ both from State Pollution Control Board.
- Stone crusher plant requires the high voltage of electricity. Apply for the connection in the local power station.
- Stone crusher plant is a labor intensive operation. Follow the EPF and ESI norms according to the rule.
- Apply for GST Registration.
Investment For Stone Crusher Plant
Land and machinery are the major fixed cost investment. Major working capital costs are raw material, manpower, and utilities. Under the PMEGP scheme, you can get the subsidy from the banks. In the project funding, there must be a percentage of promoter’s allocation of the fund. Bank can ask for collateral security deposit also on the loan amount.
Stone Crusher Plant Machines & Raw Materials
Stone crusher plant machinery depends on the feed size of the stone, the desired product size and the size of the crusher used. Following are the generally required machinery.
- Jaw crusher and granulator
- Conversion kit for converting crushed stone granules
- Set of hoppers for manual breaking.
- Rotary screen completes with all fittings.
- Trollies for carrying crushed material.
- Belt conveyor with motor
- Cyclonic dust collector with motor
- Spare jaws, jigs, fixtures and tools
Stone crusher plants are available in two major types namely (a) stationary (b) portable or mobile. However, you can establish stationary crushers at quarry heads. Mainly, at the construction site, you can use the portable crushers. Here we have explained the stationary stone crusher plant details.
Stone boulders are the only raw material required for the stone crusher plant.
Stone Crusher Plant Production Process
First of all, break the big stone boulders to smaller size manually. Then it is fed to the stone crusher. The crusher can accept the stone size of 175mm. Stone crushing is the two-stage process. In the first
stage, crush the 175mm stone to about 50mm.
Thereafter, fit the crusher with a conversion kit to enable granulation of 5 to 20mm. Then screen the crushed material by the rotary screen. Unit location is a major factor for stone crusher plant business.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.