Do you want to start a stone crusher plant business? If so, find here a complete project plan guide on launching a stone crushing plant with costs, licenses, production process, and much more.
Stone chips are one of the main construction materials along with bricks, sand, cement, and steel. Generally, you can segregate the crushed stone into various sizes like 35mm, 20mm, 12mm, etc for different uses. Crushed stone aggregates are essential for the construction of roads, bridges, housing, industrial buildings construction.
Additionally, it is an essential item for other cement-based products. The list includes RCC pipes, PSC poles, pre-molded slabs, frames, and beams, etc for fabrication. A stone crusher plant is a profitable venture for new entrepreneurs. The demand for quality stone chips is increasing day by day.
Here are the 5 Steps to Follow to Start Stone Crusher Plant Business
1. Stone Crusher Plant Market Potential
All the building constructions whether it is housing or industrial construction activities require crushed stone. Crushed stone is also required for cement-based products like RCC pipes, PSC poles, cement concrete hollow blocks, precast cement concrete slabs, well rings, window & door frames, and road laying. The demand for crushed stone will continue to grow with the growth of its user industry.
One of the most particular and general but most important materials used for making concrete is stone chips. These are used as fillers with binding materials in the production of concrete. Crushed stones occupy about 72-75% of the volume of concrete and they greatly influence the strength of concrete.
The good quality black stones are the most popular. However, you can set up the unit depending on the availability of raw material and major commercial centers.
2. Business Registration & License
- Register your firm with ROC according to the management pattern.
- Obtain a Trade License from the local authority.
- Register with Udyog Aadhaar MSME. It will help you in getting Govt. subsidy on the capital investment.
- If you are also conducting mining, then you must follow the statutory norms.
- Pollution control is a major issue. Obtain ‘consent to establish and ‘consent to operate’ both from State Pollution Control Board.
- Stone crusher plant requires a high voltage of electricity. Apply for the connection in the local power station.
- The stone crusher plant is a labor-intensive operation. Follow the EPF and ESI norms according to the rule.
- Apply for GST Registration.
3. Cost & Investment For Stone Crusher Plant
Land and machinery are the major fixed cost investment. Major working capital costs are raw material, manpower, and utilities. Under the PMEGP scheme, you can get a subsidy from the banks. In the project funding, there must be a percentage of the promoter’s allocation of the fund. Bank can ask for a collateral security deposit also on the loan amount.
4. Stone Crusher Plant Machines & Raw Materials
Stone crusher plant machinery depends on the feed size of the stone, the desired product size, and the size of the crusher used. Following are the generally required machinery.
- Jaw crusher and granulator
- Conversion kit for converting crushed stone granules
- Set of hoppers for manual breaking.
- The rotary screen completes with all fittings.
- Trollies for carrying crushed material.
- Belt conveyor with motor
- Cyclonic dust collector with motor
- Spare jaws, jigs, fixtures, and tools
Stone crusher plants are available in two major types namely (a) stationary (b) portable or mobile. However, you can establish stationary crushers at quarry heads. Mainly, at the construction site, you can use portable crushers. Here we have explained the stationary stone crusher plant details.
Stone boulders are the only raw material required for the stone crusher plant.
5. Production Process
First of all, break the big stone boulders into smaller sizes manually. Then it is fed to the stone crusher. The crusher can accept stone size of 175mm. Stone crushing is a two-stage process. In the first
stage, crush the 175mm stone to about 50mm.
Thereafter, fit the crusher with a conversion kit to enable granulation of 5 to 20mm. Then screen the crushed material by the rotary screen. Unit location is a major factor for the stone crusher plant business.
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.