You must have seen the popular advertisement ” Paytm Karo” in television commercials. Paytm has been established as one of the leading players in the eCommerce market in India within a very short period of time.
Paytm started its operation to facilitate online mobile recharges, DTH recharges, etc to Indian customers. But now Paytm has emerged as a full-blown eCommerce platform selling products ranging from fashion items to gift items and thereby providing business opportunities as Paytm Seller.
Table of Contents
Why You Should Consider Applying for Paytm Seller
E-commerce in India at present is the sunrise industry. More and more buyers are gradually preferring to buy goods from an online platform.
Paytm provides sellers a big business opportunity to Indian sellers backed up by more than 80 million customers and 65,000 plus sellers serving 600 plus product categories. If you want to sell a product online, you don’t need to create or run an eCommerce site. Paytm will take care of that.
You just need to promote your product and deliver when a customer orders. Last but not least, investment from your side to enlist and operational cost is minimal.
10 Steps for Paytm Seller Registration
Paytm does not charge any fees for Registration. You just need to go to the Paytm seller registration page on Paytm’s official site and fill in the required information. Here are the steps to follow:
- Be ready with your Paytm credentials if you are an existing customer. If not, first register with Paytm.
- Visit the Paytm seller registration Page.
- Provide your name, phone, and email, and choose a password for the account.
- Complete the email verification process.
- Complete the mobile number verification process.
- Update business information and address.
- Provide KYC Documents
- Approve the terms and conditions.
- Create your catalog of products
- Save and your online business starts!!
Is GST Registration a Must for selling Products on Paytm
You must have a GST Registration number to sell products from Paytm. However, selling products like unstitched apparel, books, and/or handicrafts doesn’t require a GSTIN number.
If you don’t have GST Registration, you can still sell products on Paytm by providing an undertaking to obtain GST registration. In that case, Paytm will only pay you payments after you submit proof of GST registration proof.
Documents Required for Paytm Seller Registration
Below mentioned are the information and documents required for Paytm Seller Registration
- Name of the Business
- Company Registration (Private Limited Company / Partnership / LLP / Proprietorship)
- Phone number
- Email address
- PAN number
- PAN card scan copy
- Bank name
- Bank account number
- Account name
- Bank branch name
- Bank IFSC code
- Copy of a canceled cheque
- GST registration
- Scan copy of address proof: ( Electricity bill/ Bank statement/ Aadhar card/ Passport copy/ Certificate of incorporation/ Rental agreement)
You can sell products online also with other platforms like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon India, etc along with Paytm. Be a Paytm seller and increase your sales with no extra cost. Just ensure the delivery of the product.