Payline Data is a reputed credit card processing software solution provider based in the US. From start-ups to the biggest and best, thousands of businesses trust Payline to accept payments. Approximately four out of five consumers own and use credit cards.
Some use them sporadically, while others rely on them for day to day purchases. Businesses that accept credit cards are more likely to produce higher sales and even up-sale customers. But while you already know that accepting credit cards is imperative to growing your business, in order to do that, you must have a merchant account via a credit card processing service provider. In this article, we analyze merchant services review on Payline data.
Countries Served Payline Data:
Products and Services At Payline Data:
- Gateway/Virtual terminal – The gateway includes features like recurring billing, customer vault (to store payment info), and electronic invoicing. The virtual terminal – which allows you to accept payments from any internet-connected computer – also works with a USB card swiper. This can eliminate the need for a card terminal altogether in some cases. Integrates with QuickBooks.
- Credit card machines – Payline has a reliable selection of EMV-ready machines, and they won’t tie you up in any wacky non-cancelable leasing agreements. They can also reprogram your existing equipment. No specifics are disclosed on their site, so you’ll have to talk with their sales representatives to see what’s in stock at the moment.
- Mobile processing (under $5K per month) – For your low-volume mobile payments needs, Payline directs you to their partner Flint. We love Flint (they earned a five-star rating in our mobile processing category), so I’m glad to see that Payline sees their value as well.
- Mobile processing (over $5K per month) – If you intend to process over $5K every month with a mobile app, then it will make sense to get set with the Payline Mobile app, which will process transactions through a Payline merchant account.
- iPad POS system – Payline uses Vantiv Mobile Checkout first and foremost, which is a great system for both sales and back-office tasks. It’s powered by the NCR Silver POS software. You’ll have various options in terms of hardware, depending on your needs.
- Shopping cart – You can opt to use Payline’s free shopping cart/donation button/payment link, or you can integrate with any of their shopping cart partners (over 60 options currently).
- Apple Pay – Payline has Apple Pay integration for both in-app and in-person payments in the works, which is great to see.
Fees and Rates At Payline Data:
Payline Data offers two pricing models, to accommodate both low and high volume merchants in a fair and easy to understand way:
Simple (Under $5,000 per month)
- $5 monthly fee
- Interchange + 0.50%
- $0.10 per transaction
Pro (Over $5,000 per month)
- $20 monthly fee
- Interchange + 0.20%
- $0.10 per transaction
$5,000 is the break-even point for these plans. That means that if you process exactly $5K each month, you would pay the same amount regardless of the plan you choose:
- 5000 * 0.002 + 20 = 30
- 5000 * 0.005 + 5 = 30
So if you will not be consistently processing over $5K every month, go with Simple. If you will definitely be processing well over $5K every month, Pro is the way to go.
Extra services are offered as-needed, so you only have to pay for what you need.
- Payline gateway – $10 per month + $0.10 per transaction – Includes features like recurring billing, customer vault (to store payment info), and electronic invoicing. The virtual terminal – which allows you to accept payments from any internet-connected computer – also works with a USB card swiper. Integrates with QuickBooks.
- Pro plus mobile – $25 per month – (Includes Pro account.) Uses proprietary mobile payment system integrated with the Payline gateway.
- iPad POS – $69 per month – Payline uses Vantiv Mobile Checkout first and foremost, which is a great system for both sales and back-office tasks. It’s powered by the NCR Silver POS software. You’ll have various options in terms of hardware, depending on your needs.
- Payline Shop Professional – $79 per month – This includes merchant account, gateway, web hosting, SSL, shopping cart, and domain name. It’s a nice all-in-one solution.
Fees You Won’t Have to Pay:
- Application Fee
- Cancellation Fee
- Contract Fee
- No Hidden Downgrade Fee
- Free 1099 K Reporting
They do charge a PCI non-compliance fee, but I was happy to see that Payline also provides a support page explaining this fee and how to avoid it.
Paying to get paid is no fun, no matter how affordable the rates are. But Payline Data helps us to feel a little better about it with this practice:
For every credit card that is used to pay for products or services at your business, Payline donates 10% of our processing revenue to charity. It’s our way of bringing your business and your community together.
You’ll have 30 days to choose a non-profit to donate your 10% to from Payline’s list of partners.
Contract Length and Early Termination Fee At Payline Data:
No early termination fee from Payline Data! Simple as that.
Customer Service and Technical Support At Payline Data:
I love how many customer service and support outlets Payline provides. They have an extensive knowledge base for self-service support and frequently asked questions. You’ll also find a community support forum that is, unfortunately, underutilized to say the least, bordering on useless at the moment. But what the forum lacks, the knowledge base makes up for.
Phone and email support are available and seem to stack up well based on how few complaints I’ve seen and how many merchants have actually taken the time to publicly praise Payline’s customer service. Overall it looks like you can count on effective support staff to help you work though problems kindly and respectfully.
Negative Reviews and Complaints about Payline Data:
They have an A rating and are BBB accredited.
There are few (if any) other complaints to be found on the web related to Payline Data. This is incredibly rare for a company as active as Payline over the course of five years – a very good sign.