The small kiosk is a successful retail business model in India. And kiosks are becoming more popular in our country. Because it allows you to open a retail outlet with small capital investment. The object of crafting this article is to provide 20 profitable kiosk business opportunities for your ready reference.
In big shopping malls, airports, railways stations you will find a lot of kiosk and carts selling different products. A kiosk is basically a small pavilion with roof and supported by pillars. And starting a kiosk business is comparatively easy from a large store front. eCommerce and online selling are gaining popularity day-by-day. And securing a good retail store front is really expensive these days. So if you want to start a retail venture with small capital, then kiosk is just perfect for you.
10 Things To Consider in Starting Kiosk Business
- First of all, like any business, do some market research. You must have a market feasibility report before starting this business. This report tremendously helps in choosing the right product and addressing the right audience.
- Craft a business plan. It is a must in this type of business. In addition, it helps to keep your business organized.
- Furthermore, kiosk business attracts moderate startup capital investment. Generally, the investment goes for rent, staff payment, inventory, and marketing. Therefore, arrange the finance accordingly.
- Select a store location carefully. The location is paramount to any retail outlet. However, location is always based on the availability.
- Try to keep limited types of products. However, provide a wide variety of collection. This is the most crucial consideration in this business. Concentrating on a single or a few products is advisable.
- Try to address mass consumers. Regardless of how much different types of products you are offering, but never address a small group of people. As an example, if you are offering leggings, try to keep the stock for every age group of women.
- Generally, mall visiting consumers are often impulsed buyers. Generally, customers don’t normally think about the price twice before buying. However, attractive products perform better in this business. It is advisable, price your products carefully.
- The success of kiosk business majorly depends largely on the quality products. In addition, it also allows you to sell the product more confidently. So maintain the quality of your product. A satisfied customer will definitely visit your store further to check the new collections.
- Kiosk model works on the concept of impulse buying. Impulse buying is basically an unplanned or otherwise spontaneous purchase. So the design and layout of a kiosk play an important role in securing the attention of the customer. So pay attention to layout, design, and visual appeal.
- Finally, an effective marketing strategy plays an important role in attracting customers in this type of business. So definitely, have some marketing plan.
List Of 20 Profitable Kiosk Business Ideas
#1. Artificial Plant & Flowers
Artificial plants and flowers are the great products to sell from this type of retail outlets. In addition, the attractive looks of these items put extra emphasis in generating buyer’s attention.
#2. Costume Jewellery
Costume jewellery is a very good item to sell from the kiosk. However, you can concentrate only single type of product. Such as only earrings or only bangles.
#3. Designer Bags
Designer jute bags, designer potli bags, beaded bags are few example in this category. However, try to keep a wide range of products.
#4. Designer Bindi
This is an another lucrative item. For a single designer bindi, the price starts from Rupees 5. However, a Kundan based designer bindi may come with a price of Rupees 1000 also.
#5. Fried Snacks
In the edible item category, fried snacks are the most popular one. However, the segment caters a wide range of products in veg and non-veg group. Therefore, it is advisable to select the product according to the taste of local people.
#6. Hair Accessories
Different types of hair accessories are very popular among the kids and teens population. This product caters a wide range of items like the hair band, rubber band, clips, hair clutches, back clips etc.
Handicrafts are the best products to sell from the kiosk. You can go for any type of product. In addition, the sourcing of this product is comparatively easy than other conventional products.
#8. Handkerchief & Scarf
You can open a store with a wide collection of handkerchiefs and scarves. These two are very popular items among the women population. Additionally, with a limited investment you can keep a wide inventory.
#9. Homemade Chocolate & Cookies
Homemade chocolate and cookies are the great items to sell from this type of retail outlets. You can sell your own products. Otherwise, you can source the products from the others. However, you must maintain the quality of the items.
#10. Ice Cream
Apart from retail outlets, you can sell ice cream from kiosks. In addition, try to keep different cold drinks. Furthermore, you can offer yogurt and fruit salads with ice cream.
This is really a popular item these days. And almost with every new top and kurta women buy matching leggings. Try to keep a stock of leggings for every age group.
#12. Mobile Accessories
Mobile accessories like charger, power banks, headphones, mobile covers are very popular nowadays. However, in this segment, you must keep at least 3 to 4 types of different items.
#13. Momo Stall
Momo stall is already a proven successful business. Different types of chicken and pork momos are popular. And this product also brings a lucrative margin.
#14. Personalized Gift Items
Personalized gift items cater a wide range of products. Such as coffee mug, caps, photo frame, pen stand, t-shirts and you name it. The items that demand sublimation printing are the best items to sell from the kiosk. However, it is advisable to concentrate on one or two products.
This is one of the perfect business to start with a very small capital investment. With the roasted corns, try to offer masala sweet corn type of products. This product fetches lucrative retail margin.
#16. Pottery Items
Small pottery items are great items to sell from this type of retail location. However, the category caters a wide range of products. Such as cup, mug, flower vase, plant pot, statues, wall hangings etc.
Homemade different types of pickles and chutneys are the great products to sell from the kiosk. Offer your customers free samples to taste the product.
#18. Soft Toys
Soft toys have the really great market share in the Indian gift industry. And the market has seen a huge increase sale in the festive seasons.
#19. Sports Goods
Sports goods itself a broad category. However, you must concentrate on specific one or two sports items. As an example, you can keep items related to football, cricket, and badminton.
#20. Tea Stall
This is one of the most successful items in the small retail segment. And you will find several successful brands also. However, try to offer a wide range of flavored tea. Such as Elaichi tea, masala tea, ice tea, green tea etc.
There are many different kiosk business ideas out there. However, select a product based on your experience and local consumer demand. We hope this list of 20 profitable kiosk business opportunities will definitely help you in taking an informed decision.
Recommended Tools for Startups
Editorial Staff at NextWhatBusiness is a team of Business Consultants having years of experience in small and medium scale businesses.